Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Southwestern Dirty Rice, aka, leftovers with rice!

Leftovers.  Some people love them, some hate them.  I actually love them, but I always try to switch it up.  In my fridge was some Easy Turkey Chili and  a little pulled pork leftover.  I had brown rice in my pantry and figured I could cook some up and top it with the chili and pork.  Uh huh, I mixed them together.  Before you go "ew",  just think of the flavor profiles of the two.  Both spicy, both slightly sweet, both have a little sauce to add flavor to rice.  It turned out really awesome and my husband and son ate the whole thing.  I hate wasting food, but I also hate boring leftovers.  The lesson here?  Be creative with what you have!  You'd be surprised what you come up with.


No comments:

Post a Comment