Sunday, November 27, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

These are my all time favorite Oatmeal Raisin cookies.  I like them chewy in the center and crunchy on the outside with just the right amount of raisins and oats.  I found this recipe on the lid of Quaker Oats and is slightly adapted from same.   I made them once and have been hooked since.  The best thing  is you can change this recipe around.  I make them with chocolate chips, chopped pecans and dried cranberries as well.  They come out just as great as the oatmeal raisin.  If you wish, you could also switch up the spices... such as adding dried ginger or cloves.


You may notice the white pepper in the ingredient list.  Don't be afraid, it is a small amount that just adds a little kick.  This makes about 3 to 4 dozen cookies depending on the size you prefer.

Ingredients 


2 sticks butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups quaker oats
1 cup rasins (chopped)





Instructions 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In large bowl add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, white pepper and salt.  Set aside.



Oats and spices...already looks good!

Flour and oat mixture ready to go

 Add the two sticks of butter and sugars to a mixer and cream together for 2 minutes or so, until the mixture appears fluffy.

my absolute most favorite kitchen tool
Yum...
Butter and sugar ready for the eggs and vanilla
I always throw my vanilla in with my eggs
Add the eggs and vanilla and continue to mix for an additional minute. 

This is an optional step.  I take the cup of raisins and chop them.   
They are quite sticky!!  
 With the mixer on low, add in flour mixture and then the raisins.  When fully incorporated, your cookie dough is ready.  Try not to eat the dough, you will have none left for cookies....
 I use a tablespoon and scoop out and roll, then add to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.  
Crunchy edges, but soft and chewy in the center. Perfect!!
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes depending on your preferred doneness.  I like mine more chewy, so I bake mine for about 8 minutes.  Allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing and adding to a cooling rack.  
Wish you could smell/eat/enjoy these! 





No comments:

Post a Comment