Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Nut-Butter Pumpkin Brownies with Chocolate Chips

Looking for a quick, easy, slightly healthier Thanksgiving desert?  I was.  I was on the hunt for a recipe that would satisfy my sweet tooth without making me tip the scales.  I found this .  At first I thought it wouldn't work but others had tried it with a successful outcome.  So I decided to give it a go.  Boy am I sooooo glad I did!  They are surprisingly fluffy, yet moist (due to the oil from the nut butters).  If you like a more cakey, less moist consistency, you can add another teaspoon of baking soda.  
I couldn't believe it myself!  Fluffy without any flour! 
Nut-Butter Pumpkin Brownies with Chocolate Chips
adapted from a recipe found at this primal life

Ingredients:

1 cup peanut butter (I had unsweetened chunky from Whole Foods)
1 cup almond butter
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (home made or canned)
1/4 cup honey
1/3 to 1/2 cup brown sugar (if your peanut butter is sweetened, add the lesser amount...You can taste prior to adding the eggs to check for sweetness)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/8 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips


Combine all of the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir well.  Add to a greased 9x13 baking dish and throw into the oven, preheated to 350 degrees.  Allow to bake for 25 to 30 minutes.  The brownies should bounce back after a light push with a finger tip....Enjoy!

Nut Butters...yum

With some pumpkin...

I have baked many things in my life, but these made the house smell the best it ever has!  

Who would think?  Flourless and packs a punch of protein.
And they taste absolutely indulgent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment