Friday, November 11, 2011

New England Cranberry Duff

I bought fresh cranberries already.  When I took them out of the package at home, I asked myself why.  Why did I buy them when Thanksgiving was two weeks away?!  That meant I had to find something to do with them so  I looked through some of Martha's recipes and came across this New England Cranberry Duff.  Sounded good to me!  It's the prefect recipe to put your own twist on.  I love that kind.  Here is my version.

So pretty, and so very yummy!

Adapted from Martha Stewart's New England Cranberry Duff



Ingredients:

Cranberry-Pecan topping

1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
Zest of one lime (you could use orange or lemon as well)
1/3 cup chopped, toasted pecans
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cloves

Batter

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp Grand Marnier
1 tablespoon lime juice (again orange or lemon would suffice)
1 cup flour
1 1/2 sticks butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Heavily grease a 9x9 in baking dish with butter.  Mix sugar with cinnamon and cloves.  Lay down cranberries, zest and pecans in the baking dish and evenly pour the sugar on top.

Beat the eggs and sugar on high with a whisk attachment for about a minute or until it becomes light in color.  Add in Grand Marnier and lime juice.  Whisk for a few seconds.  Add in flour and leave mixer on a medium-low speed.  Add the butter slowly and mix until incorporated.

Pour batter on top of the cranberry pecan mixture and place in the oven for approximately 45 minutes or until browned.

Let cool on a rack and run knife around the edge after 5 minutes. Turn onto another plate after 15 minutes.  If you let it cool completely, you may have a problem with it sticking to the dish.

P.S.  This is the perfect desert for Thanksgiving!  Not too sweet, just right with a cup of coffee and a nice change from the ordinary.


The cake is so buttery!  Ugh, I could eat the whole thing myself.  



No comments:

Post a Comment