Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Simple Sugar Cookies =)

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
A litte something sweet for my two sweeties.  =) 
The second trimester has arrived but I am still feeling quite icky.  I thought it was supposed to be getting better!!!  Oh well.  I still wanted to make my two special guys something sweet today.  Sweet and really easy.  I found this recipe online on Food.com named, Grandma's Soft Sugar Cookies.  I had to go with it because silly me forgot to buy butter and these are made with oil!!!  Perfect.  Of course I added my own twists, as usual.  The recipe called for vegetable oil but I used olive instead and added some cinnamon and lemon zest.  You must give them a try!
Most of the ingredients....

Ingredients:
3/4 cup sugar
2/3 cup olive oil (NOT extra virgin)
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
zest of 1 lemon
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
The red is optional, but you should
use some sugar to top them.  Adds a
litte texture.

Red colored sugar, (optional) or just plain ol' sugar







Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Sift the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt together into a bowl.  Add oil and sugar to mixer and mix for a minute.  Add eggs, zest and vanilla and beat on high for about one more minute.  Add in flour and mix until combined.  Do not over mix.
Oil and sugar
with eggs, vanilla and zest
just about there...
Using a tablespoon, spoon out dough and roll into balls.  Place onto an ungreased cookie sheet ( I ALWAYS use parchment paper) about three inches apart. Take a glass, press the cookie down lightly, add the glass to the colored sugar, and press down on the cookie.  It will leave the perfect, neatly arranged amount of sugar.














Bake for about 5 to 6 minutes until very lightly browned.  They will get more crunchy the longer you bake.  
Logan kept looking in saying, "mmmmmmmmmmm..."

Let cool and enjoy!!!!

One reason for making them!!! Love him. 
Inspecting his cookie...lol





No comments:

Post a Comment