Monday, July 14, 2014

No Bake Energy Bites

I have this love/hate but mostly love relationship with Pinterest.  So many great ideas and so little time.  That's where these came in.  Trying to come up with healthy things that don't take forever and a day to make.  These are so simple, the kids LOVE them and we do too.  I won't say these are low sugar or low calorie but they are made with real ingredients and you can add in chocolate chips, raisins, dried cranberries and I was also thinking protein powder!!!   Just like their name-sake these give you energy and there is no baking involved.


No Bake Energy Bites
This recipe made about 15 balls.  I think after you make it once, you may find yourself doubling

1 1/3 cup organic rolled oats (not instant)
1/2 cup peanut butter preferably without hydrogenated oil or organic
3/4 cup shredded coconut (Trader Joe's sells some without preservatives and less sugar)
1/3 cup honey (I eyeballed this and I think I put a little less, it was perfect)
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt










Mash it all together with the back of a spoon.  Put in the fridge for about an hour.  



Roll into whatever size balls you'd like!  
This is making me recall one of my most favorite SNL episodes 
with Alec Baldwin. heh heh heh


Store them in the fridge and eat whenever you'd like. 





No comments:

Post a Comment