Friday, December 2, 2011

Nutella Spice Cookies

I had bought a huge jar of Nutella and promised myself I would not eat the entire thing with a spoon.  For once, I succeeded!  But ONLY because I found a recipe for Nutella cookies.  Easy to make and they are so wonderful right out of the oven with a glass of milk.
Chewy in the middle, crispy at the edge.  Perfect cookie for me!
This recipe was adapted from Culinary Concoctions by Peabody.  Next time around, I will double the ingredients to make a larger batch so I can freeze some for a later date, or simply make a ton of cookies!

Nutella Spice Cookies
(makes around 2 1/2 to 3 dozen depending on the size of the cookie and how much dough you eat)
Wish I never took a taste of this..

Ingredients:
1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup Nutella
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt


Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt.  Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar in your mixer until light and fluffy.  Scrape down sides of bowl and add Nutella and continue to mix on medium until well incorporated.  Add egg and vanilla and mix for an additional minute or two.  Slowly add the flour mixture until the flour had blended in completely.
I allowed the dough to chill for a short while in the fridge, probably 10 minutes.  Roll the dough into small balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
The "mouth" was there and it was screaming for some eyes.
He's saying, "really? 350 degrees? Then you eat me? Not my lucky day."

Bake for 7 to 10 minutes.  7 minutes will give you doughy, chewy cookies and 10 will make them crunchy.  Me?  I like mine almost raw. lol.  So I stuck with 7 minutes.  Hope you have a chance to make these simple, delicious cookies!
Hard to stop eating once you start.



No comments:

Post a Comment