Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easy Yogurt Biscuits

I made a "roasted chicken" in the slow cooker the other day and was craving biscuits to go along.  Now biscuits are notoriously known for being slightly unhealthy due to all that butter.  So I found this recipe on the side of the Stonyfield yogurt I buy for Logan.  It seemed extremely easy and much better for you than the usual.  It also seemed like the perfect recipe for add-ins.  My favorite kind of recipe.  This first time I just added a little cheese at the end but next time I think I will add spinach, garlic  and parmesan.  Yum.  I'll be sure to post if they come out good as well...

Slow cooker "roasted" chicken, molasses bacon roasted beets and
yogurt biscuits.  Perfect Sunday dinner.

Ingredients:

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1 cup plain yogurt
Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  

Mix yogurt and oil together in another.  

Add together in bowl and mix well.  Dump out onto a well floured surface and knead until smooth.

  Roll into about 1 inch thickness and cut into whatever shape pleases you.  I loooove square.  Place biscuit on a greased or parchment paper topped cookie sheet.  

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown on top.  Serve warm.  (of course a little butter on a hot biscuit doesn't hurt)


No comments:

Post a Comment